|Event Date- July 19 - 20, 2022||Location- Online|
|Instructor- Jiayao (J.Y.) Deng||$750 USD|
This online course provides a hands-on intensive overview of NSI Technologies’ StimPlan™ Version 8; fracture design/analysis software with detailed examples and data files provided to participants. This course covers the essential elements of using StimPlan™ Version 8; effectively including loading logs, defining geologic layering for simulations, input of fluid and proppant data, as well as performing a gridded 3-D simulation. Topics include log analysis for modulus and stress, simulation of multi-frac horizontal wells, and frac-pack simulations.
Developed by fracturing industry expert and innovator Dr. Michael B. Smith, StimPlan™ is the global leading software solution for hydraulic fracture design, analysis and optimization. StimPlan™ is known for having the industry’s most rigorous geometry models, the most advanced 3-D finite element simulation, and the most accurate results used by the world’s largest oil and gas companies.
Key Version 8 elements that will be highlighted in this course:
– Interface Overhaul -based on user feedback overhaul includes dynamic dialogs for improved intuitive workflow
– Sensitivity Studies -expanded batch capabilities for improved sensitivity studies
– Shift Geologic Layering -new input allowing for geologic layering shifts allowing for the creation of a new geologic model for each stage
– Analysis -Added spherical flow analysis and improved type curve analysis to After Closure Analysis feature
– Reservoir Simulation Compatibility-direct output of gridded fracture simulation results into reservoir simulators like Well Whiz, Halliburton·s Quiklook, and CMG
– StimPlan™ 3-D Simulations -expanded finite element techniques for improved accuracy
– StimPlan™ Shale -Discrete Fracture Network Reservoir Simulations create an improved simulation of the natural fractured reservoir while Stage-to-Stage Interference inputs allow for state-to-stage interference simulation
– Expanded Help Function -engineering help added [e.g., pre-frac test design] in addition to traditional StimPlan software help
– Improved Search Function and Auto save
– StimPlan™ Mobile -enter, review and analyze data from your mobile device
– Cloud Server Option -cloud server option allows for improved simulation time however local server option is still available
*This course also includes 4 week access to StimPlan™ V8 Cloud (20 hours run time included)*
*A real dataset will be provided by NSI for this StimPlan™ User Course*CALL US AT:1 918 496 2071
|Event Date- November 07 - 11, 2022||Location- Houston, TX|
|Instructor- Carl Montgomery||$3750 USD|
This 5-day course emphasizes the multi-disciplinary nature of hydraulic fracturing, covering the “Reservoir Engineering” aspects, integrated with the “Fracture Mechanics” aspects, and coupled with “Operational” considerations. This integration is absolutely necessary in order to present how to recognize opportunities for fracturing from hard rock tight gas, to offshore “frac-pack” completions, to multi-fractured horizontal shale wells. Also covered is how to estimate required data for planning and preparing preliminary job designs, how to design, perform, and analyze pre-frac tests, and finally how to arrive at an “optimum” final design. Along with an Introduction to Fracturing, the course covers Reservoir Response, Rock Stresses, Fracture Geometry, Fracture Pressure Analysis, Fracture Fluid & Proppant Selection, Multi – Fractured Horizontal Wells, and Field Application & Quality Control.
A complete set of course materials and lunch is included in the Hydraulic Fracturing course.
*Participants will need to bring a laptop with Microsoft Excel to each day of this course*